David H. Nuri, B.A., J.D.
David completed his law degree at the University of Ottawa, and articled at a boutique civil litigation and family law firm in the nation’s capital. At law school David worked with the Equity and Access program and provided assistance to disadvantaged students, as well as captained the school’s Moot team to the Bowman National Tax Moot where he received top prize as best advocate. David works with families and businesses to find cost effective legal solutions. In his free time, David’s passions are soccer, films, and working with the Afghan community.
- Obtained a Mareva Injunction to freeze $560,000 and obtained a $10,000 costs award for the Client. (J.G. Civil Litigation – January 2016)
- Conducted an appeal of a small claims matter. (N.S. Civil Litigation – December 2015)
- Successfully obtained an extension of time to commence an Appeal.
(M.K. Family Law – October 2015)
- Negotiated consent for custody and increased child support for the Mother.
(G. V. Family Law – September 2015)
- Settled 5 year litigation on a final basis.
(R.H. Family Law – September 2015)
- Reduced child support payments significantly by correcting high imputation of income to Father. Also settled the case on a final basis.(P.J. Family Law – June 2015)
- Successfully defended Motion for Summary Judgement.
(R.H. Family Law – May 2015)
- Successfully defended a commercial litigant in a trial at small claims court.
(N.S. Civil Litigation – March 2015)
- Successfully settled four-year litigation at Trial Management Conference after two months of involvement with the file. (N.S. Civil Litigation – January 2015)
- Settled case for plaintiff involving construction related damages and rental arrears to his condominium property. (P.P. Litigation – November 2014)